The Morning After show (MAS) is a 2 hours arts, culture, news and music magazine show that airs every weekday morning from 7am to 9am on CKUT 90.3FM. On Thursday the Morning After show is in french and it is called Le Lendemain de la Veille.
The Morning After is open to all CKUT members. It is produced by a collective of volunteers who organize together to create exciting, engaging, alternative programming by mixing music and spoken word to inspire and inform waking listeners.
The Morning After is the ideal place for volunteers to get hands-on experience as hosts, technicians and producers. The overwhelming majority of MAS’ hosts had no prior radio experience when they joined MAS/LLV. CKUT provided the training in radio production, interviewing and technical skills, and audio editing.
Follow The Morning After / Lendemain de la Veille on Facebook!
From 8h30am to 9am, the Morning After shows play magazines. Magazines are 30min recurring segments produced by Montreal-based groups, organisations or community members. The aim of the Magazines is to make CKUT’s airwaves more accessible by giving a media space to non-CKUT groups to create their own radio content and cover the topics that are important to them.
For this collaborative work, CKUT provides all the technical and interviewing training and the necessary equipment to help the groups create their magazines. The magazines can be weekly, bi-weekly or monthly depending on each group.
-The Monday MAS has 2 bi-weekly magazines, Bloodworks and The Climate Show.
-The Tuesday MAS has 1 weekly magazine, Dragonroot Radio
-The Wednesday MAS has 1 weekly magazine, Moving Picture Radio
-Lendemain de la Veille has 3 monthly francophone magazines, Le Magazine de La Centrale, Poids du Profit and Des sorcière comme les autres.
-The Friday MAS has 1 monthly magazine, Out of the Fog, and 1 bi-weely magazine, Scientifica Radio
Aside from the magazines, some Morning After shows have additional recurrent 15min segments:
- Morning with Zoreen, a 15min segment produced by Zoreen Rahaman Sookhdeo. Zoreen interviews various community members about their work and the various initiatives and events taking place in Montreal (Monday Morning After)
- This Week In Palestine, a weekly news report produced by IMEMC, International Middle-East Media Center, a joint Palestinian-International effort covering events and developments in Israel-Palestine (Tuesday Morning After)
- Literary Report, a literature-focused segment produced by Jeffrey Mackie (Tuesday Morning After show)
- Brïte Sciences, a Francophone science-focused segment produced by Brïte Pauchet (Lendemain de La Veille)
- Chronique Délit, a news-focused segment produced by a group of student journalists from Le Délit newspaper (Le Lendemain de la Veille.)